WSU’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) has now transitioned away from its previous subscription to the Community of Science (COS) funding database and adopted the new Sponsored Programs Information Network (SPIN) database. SPIN will provide a quality, Google-style search experience built upon numerous user-identified parameters.
While InfoEd Global, the creators of SPIN, continues to update the database’s capabilities, Wright State University has been provided access to it for active use by all faculty, staff, and students. It can be reached by visiting the following link located at the RSP funding opportunities web page: http://www.wright.edu/rsp/resources.html
Please note the following current, mid-term limitations:
- Wright State University faculty, staff, and students can access SPIN while on campus (within the WSU data network) or off campus using Virtual Private Networks (VPN) procedures.
- Users can actively search SPIN and download opportunities to MS Word or Excel. (The export function works within all Internet search engines with the exception of Internet Explorer, an issue that is being examined for correction.)
In the coming months, SPIN will allow users to save funding sponsor searches and utilize an email notification system.
Training Schedule: RSP has established the following schedule of hands-on training sessions available for attendance:
- Tuesday, April 24, 9:00-10:00 a.m. (Library Annex 016)
- Wednesday, April 25, 3:00-4:00 p.m. (Russ 355)
- Friday, April 27, 2:00-3:00 p.m. (Library Annex 016)
- Monday, April 30, 9:00-10:00 a.m. (Russ 355)
- Tuesday, May 1, 9:00-10:00 a.m. (Library Annex 016)
- Friday, May 4, 2:00-3:00 p.m. (Library Annex 016)
Seating is limited. To attend one of the scheduled sessions, please RSVP at your earliest convenience to Jan Power (email@example.com or ext. 2425). If you are unable to attend the scheduled trainings, would prefer individualized guidance on navigating the new system, or simply have some questions/concerns, please contact Katie Feldhues (firstname.lastname@example.org; 775-2425) or Deborah Lundin (email@example.com; 775-2423.